My primary goal is to discover as much as possible about the Universe, by tearing it apart and building (often digital) models. Sometimes, I write about my findings in Posts and Projects. I am an enthusiastic proponent of Free Software: you can't have a free society without it.
Computing is my passion, driving my inspiration, philosophical and spiritual beliefs. Currently, I hack in Smalltalk and Python in my private life, but I'm a capable programmer in lots of ALGOL-like languages, as well as document markup languages.
I live in Milwaukee, WI, designing, maintaining, and leading cool projects at Stack41. Previously, I constructed data collection and recommender systems for at-auction vehicles at Misix, and explored dataflow processing.
Please send mail to email@example.com. My public key's fingerprint is
07DA 3404 774D AB37 130B EA84 4DAF F3F0 C0EB 75B6 (find the key through a third-party).
Below is where I put interesting things I find on the Web.
- "When Ridiculousness is Ubiquitous" shares my same feelings towards the lifestyles of the masses. I wish populations would think more carefully, but that's hard to do in an age of short-attention. mrmoneymustache.com, 2018-11-16
- I am not renewing drbowtie.com. I haven't sold any in years; besides, ties are lame.
- Bill Atkinson was inspired to create HyperCard through an LSD trip. boingboing.net, 2018-11-08
- "If you're not stressed, you're bored!" Claire Rutkoske, 2018-11-01
- Too good to be true: I was about to log in to GitHub to download my projects and cancel my account, but I can't log in due to page errors. 2018-10-21
- Please remember to remove your non-essential fuses. freep.com, 2018-10-18
- I love this bit with Susan Kare. youtube.com, 2018-10-17